Friday, April 15, 2011

The Sleep of Reason Produces Monsters

So. It all started with this idea that I was going to take my aunt's parrot's feathers to make earrings out of them and sell them. Searching for the prices of macaw feather earrings on the internet I stumbled upon this beauty.



an artificial bald eagle for only $30.

I'm thinking about using it for my photograph referencing Goya's The Sleep of Reason Produces Monsters.



They also have little owls there too. I'll probably get one of those as well and use Goya's motif as "wise" owls in my images. But I really would also like to use the eagle as a symbol of America. (after all, I am critiquing it).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Haley Richter

My photo
Photography major at Tyler School of Art in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America. Likes to be outside. Likes border collies. Refuses to wait in lines.