Thursday, May 26, 2011

Summer

I was on the fence about purchasing dynalites this summer. I've decided I'm getting them. It'll probably have to be before I move, just so I don't put it off any longer.

I've helped my mother's boyfriend, Frank, who is a real estate agent. He's asked me to help him be his real estate photographer. I've been helping him since high school, but it's nice that he always turns to me when he gets a house to sell. It's nothing to make a profession out of, but something nice to put on my resume.

I've also been asked to take pictures for Rachel Broscoe's website and business, Food for Thought. Rachel is a caterer in Ardmore who mostly works for Temple Shalom in Broomall. I've helped her cater events in the past and she has asked to help me photograph some of her dishes.

One thing I have noticed from working at Whole Foods as a Bakery Retail team member is that I've gained a lot more "customer service" skills. Which does really help if I want to do more freelance photography. I'm moving up from a part time Bakery Retail Team Member in the Callowhill store to a part time Demo team member in the Wynnewood Store. I moved because I miss the suburbs, I miss trees and quiet. I only applied because it was the first opening. Turns out, being in demo is a little more higher up then I thought. I don't know if I'll be getting a raise, I know my hours will be cut which interferes with the whole saving up during summer idea. But who knows! Maybe because I'll be apart of the "Admin" team of Whole Foods Market, I'll be able to use my photography there.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Haley Richter

My photo
Photography major at Tyler School of Art in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America. Likes to be outside. Likes border collies. Refuses to wait in lines.